2 Year Aged Cheddar
Grafton’s flagship cheddar, made with raw cow’s milk and aged for two full years to achieve a mature flavor and dense, firm-yet-creamy texture. Young cheddar is tasted early on to determine the best trajectory for aging; for 2 Year Cheddar we look for balanced acidity and moisture that will hold up over time.
This cheese bears the classical profile for New England cheddar: buttery notes with a bold, sharp tang and a long, nutty finish. The aroma is lactic and bright, with flavors of sweet cream, freshly mown hay, and tangy, cultured milk. Moderate acidity carries throughout.
Two Year Cheddar has enough zip to stand up to some stronger pairings; try with garlicky pickles, salami, or your favorite chutney. For a classic pairing, serve with sliced fresh apples, or grate over a bowl of chili or warm apple pie in the New England style. Melts with an even body and full flavor.
Unpasteurized cow milk, salt, cultures, enzymes
Balanced, full-bodied wines such as Merlot, White Burgundy. Brown Ale, Sour Beer, Basque-style cider.
- Apple and Cheddar Stuffed Brussel Sprouts
- Grafton Smoked Chili Cheddar Enchiladas
- Pumpkin Pie with Walnut and Maple Smoked Cheddar Streusel
- Grilled Turkey, Zucchini and Cheddar Meatballs
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Beer and Cheese Fondue
- Sweet Potato & Chorizo Nachos
- Cheddar Corn Fritters
- Colcannon with Grafton Cheddar
- Baked Potato Soup
- Whole-Wheat Cheddar Bread
- Twice Baked Cheddar Soufflés
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Chili Con Grafton Queso: Cheddar Dip